Thursday, April 21, 2011

Get the NAKED look for less!

So here goes my first review (yay!). I recently bought this NYX Nude on Nude Palette during the 40% off NYX sale at Ulta last week. This has been considered a more economical alternative to Urban Decay's NAKED palette.  The NAKED palette comes with 12 of their award winning eyeshadows including 5 new shades. The palette also comes with a Good Karma Eyeshadow brush and a travel size of their Eyeshadow Primer Potion. BUT it also comes with a $48 dollar price tag. It still is a good deal if you break it down. Which means you are in essence paying $4 bucks per shade (original price per eyeshadow single is $17 bucks!). Now I don't know about you, but $48 dollars is a lot to pay for eyeshadow when I can use that to fill up my gas tank.

The NYX Nude on Nude palette on the other hand comes with 20 eyeshadows and 10 lip colors and is valued at $25!! Which comes out to $0.83 per eyeshadow or lip color. Saving you $23 bucks. PLUS NYX retaliers are more likely to have promotions where you can save even more. I purchased mine for a little under $12 bucks!

Now the price sounds great, but how about the quality??


The shadows come with 12 shimmer and 8 matte finishes. They are very smooth, and pigmented. There is a little fall out but it's very minimal. WARNING: They DO crease. But just use a little primer on your lids and that eliminates the problem and they will last ALL DAY LONG.


This particular shade reminded me alot of Galapagos by Nars. Not at all a dupe, but very similar. (excuse my nails, it's for another posting soon to come!)

Here is an eye look I did with Nude on Nude:

Without Flash

With Flash (Sorry didn't realize my hair was in my face)


I was VERY surprised at the lip colors. I was expecting something cheap and waxy and gross. Not at all the case with these. They range from Nudes,  to Pinks to RED. The red lip color was by far my favorite and is now my go-to red lip color. They are very moisturizing and easy to blend with each other to customize color options. The lips colors were my rockstars of this palette.

Now if $25 dollars is still too steep for your wallet and you still want the NAKED look, I have one more option for you.

The Maybelline Expertwear Eyeshadow Quad in Chai Latte.  This comes with four shades, One metallic, two shimmers and one matte. There is no creasing, its long wearing (with primer) and very versital. Here's one of my favorite tutorials on a look using this quad. And at 5 bucks  how can you loose. (Remember to look out for Maybelline promos!)

Prices and availability may vary depending on location. Please check your local area for more specific details.

Disclaimer: These products were purchased with my own money and I did not receive any monetary compensation. All opinions and thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment