Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Watermelon Nail Art

Note to self: When photographing your nail art, DO NOT enlarge picture. It will just enlarge your imperfections.

For once I was really happy with a nail art design that I did. I had seen some watermelon nail art around but I never really wanted to do it until I got Essie's Watermelon nail polish. This polish is perfection. The color is beautiful magenta and does lean a little more red on the nail than it does in the bottle. And because it's really opaque (coverage in one coat) and dries within minutes, it's perfect for nail art. That's why I decided to do this:


Used:
Essie  - Watermelon
Sally Hansen - Chartreuse Chase
OPI - Don't Mess With OPI
Color Club - Black

The hardest part for me (as you can probably tell) was making the seeds. I still don't have the hang of it. I was still really ill when I did this. 

Anyway, thought I'd post this pic before I take it all off and start practicing my Harry Potter inspired mani for the midnight showing this Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my that is so cute!! So need to try this...well when I have the colours needed that is. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete