Friday, July 29, 2011

Favorite Products of Summer 2011

With all the Back-To-School ads and even Halloween stuff in stores, I can't help but feel like summer is already over. So I thought I would post my go-to products that I've been using on almost a daily basis for the past couple of months.


In no particular order:

Poppie Jones across the shoulder fringe purse in brown suede that I bought about 3 years ago from DSW.

Jade and Bamboo Necklace from Island Dancer Jewelry (a gift). Sorry, Island Dancer Jewelry website is not up at this time

Bath & Body Works body cream in Country Chic.

Maybelline Shine Sensational lip gloss in Pineapple Paradise

No brand name sunglasses (gifted to me) with animal print

Gold and turquoise cuff from India, I bought this from a local festival

NYX Ultra Pearl Mania in Yellow Gold Pearl

Bath & Body Works Body Spray in Hello Sugar Whole Lotta Lemon Going On (sadly discontinued) - this really complimented Country Chic.

OPI - My Chihuahua Bites, I've been wearing this on my toes all summer long.

Icing Mood Swing Color Changing Nail Polish in Confident/Cheery

Pur Minerals Eye Pencil in Black Amethyst - This has been truly waterproof/sweat proof in my opinion. Not so great for the waterline though...boo. But I still love this eyeliner.

Loreal Infallible 6hr Never Fail Lipgloss in Rebel Red - Red lips was my favorite thing this summer. And this is probably my favorite lipgloss of all time. Really pigmented and had long lasting wear...even while eating and drinking. Fabulous.

Gold Peacock Long Necklace - I think I bought this at Charlotte Russe a year ago?

Revlon Molten Metal Liquid Shadow in Platinum Pinup - Sadly also discontinued.

Cateye Black sunglasses from Target, I believe they were on sale for $12.99

Lancome Color Design lipstick in Red Haute - BEST MATTE RED LIPSTICK EVER! I never had a red lipstick that I liked on me until I found this beauty. Even the packaging is sleek. Wear time is really good too. After it fades, your lips still have a red stain on them.

Vintage looking flower ring from Pier 1 Imports - It was less than 3 bucks and it's adjustable.

And this was my favorite product of the summer:


 LA Splash Liquid Eyeliner in Royal Blue - I bought this on clearance at Ulta awhile back. As a liner it was ok. Gives a great pop a color and a great alternative to Urban Decay liners in the same colors. Definitely not sweatproof or waterproof. As a liner this really needs a primer and a sealer. But then I started using it to tint my lashes and I fell in love! It looks gorgeous paired up with gold eyeshadow that really popular to wear in the summer.

LA Splash Liquid Eyeliner in Royal Blue layered on lashes
I don't think the picture does it justice. You can definitely tell your lashes are blue in real life but there not a neon sign above your head announcing the color of your lashes either. TONS and TONS of compliments wherever I went. I applied my usual mascara like usual and once dry, I layered the liquid liner on top of the mascara. You can also use a disposable wand to apply the product. I just didn't have one.

I kept hearing all summer that THE nail color of the season was a toss up between yellow and orange. So when I saw the Mood Swing polish in Cheery/Confident, I thought "Why not wear both at the same time?"

WARNING: Manicure was 5 days old!

Warm hand
Dipped in Ice Water

After a few minutes

Few minutes more

Back to warm temperature
 I highly recommend this nail polish.

As much as I love these products. I'm not sad to see summer go. I've been melting in this summer heat. And as I type this, the area where I live is on the cusp of being hit by Tropical Storm Don. I much prefer the fall. But I will miss seeing these lovelies in my backyard:


What was your favorite product this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment