Wednesday, May 4, 2011

China Glaze Tronica Collection Reduced Price!

I was at my local Sally's Beauty Supply yesterday and I found the whole collection of China Glaze Tronica collection reduced to $1.99!! Even some of the Christmas collection is still 4 bucks so I thought it was a steal. I had heard some mixed reviews on it because the holo effect isn't what most people were expecting.  That's probably why it was reduced so much.  So I was hesitant to get one. But at that price I thought I'd pick one up and decide for myself.



I purchased a bottle of Virtual Violet just cause the color stood out more to me. And it seemed like a color I would wear anyway.  In the bottle, it doesn't look like it would be holographic. It looks more like blue and purple pixelated glass flecks/shimmer.


You might want to click the picture to enlarge it so you can see what I mean.  On the nail, it was a completely different story. It wasn't an in your face holo, but there was a depthness that looked great (which obviously won't transfer in my pic). The formula was fantastic too. It applied opaque in two coats and drying time was FAST. Usually with holos topcoats tend to dull the effect, but with these it seem to enhance it ever so slightly.

I'm really disappointed that you can't see the depthness. But it's there I promise. I swatched it next to Milani's Hi-Res so that hopefully you could see the difference in holo effect and depthness.


 I'm pretty stoked about my purchase. I think I'm going back tomorrow and picking up whatever colors they have left.

What has been your experience with the Tronica collection?

Disclaimer: This product was purchased with my own money. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment